Since 1965, Scientific Systems LLC has been manufacturing explosion-proof and severe duty air conditioners and refrigeration equipment for customers in a variety of industries, including refineries, mills, and chemical plants. Here's an in-depth look at the features of our VA 40 Series of air conditioners.
Vertical Air Conditioners for Severe Duty and Hazardous Locations
Our VA 40 Series air conditioners are engineered for severe duty industrial and offshore service. Explosion-proof models meet the requirements for use in hazardous locations under the National Electrical Code (NEC) Class I, Groups B, C, and D or Class II, Groups E, F, and G in Divisions 1 or 2.
These rugged air conditioners are built for maximum performance, reliability, and safety. All mechanical and electrical components are selected for durability and minimum maintenance needs in demanding industrial environments. Cabinets are 14-gauge galvanneal steel with 16-gauge access panels and drain pans are made from Heliarc welded stainless steel. A two-part epoxy primer and urethane topcoat help protect from corrosion. Circulating air blowers are belt driven with adjustable speed pulleys and bearings are permanently lubricated. Severe service motors are totally enclosed (TEFC) with a 1.15 service factor.
When simultaneous building pressurization (NFPA 496) is required, PBX 24 Combined Air Conditioning/Pressurization units must be specified.
Features of the VA 40 Series
The air conditioners in our VA 40 Series come with a variety of features that make the system particularly useful for severe industrial and marine service. See the full list below.
Applications of the VA 40 Series
VA 40 Series air conditioners adapt to a variety of industries. View the various applications in the list below.
Scientific Systems LLC offers a range of industrial cooling products to suit the needs of a wide range of companies. If our VA 40 Series of air conditioners sounds right for your facility, request more information today by contacting us online or calling (225) 926-6950.
- Explosion-proof materials: Opt for an explosion-proof unit for the most severe conditions. Units can also be outfitted with 316 stainless steel cabinets for additional strength and corrosion protection.
- Compact vertical design: By having a compact vertical design, our VA 40 air conditioners have a minimum footprint, freeing up space and allowing for more efficient operations.
- All VA 40 air conditioners have a capacity of 3 to 12.5 tons, which is an optimal and flexible range that can accommodate a variety of customer needs and applications.
- Optional steam or electric heaters: Depending on the customer's needs and capabilities, air conditioners in the VA 40 Series can be outfitted with either steam or electric heaters for additional functionality.
- Other optional accessories: Our units can be customized as explosion-proof models or with stainless steel cabinets, steam or electric heaters, SaveCoil 101 baked phenoxy coil coatings, and water-cooled condensers.
- Every unit sold comes with an SSLLC-standard warranty, which covers customers in case of malfunction.
- Grain transfer and storage buildings
- Computer and control rooms
- Offshore oil and gas platform crew quarters and control buildings
- Chemical and pharmaceutical plants
- Gas pipeline and compressor stations
- Painting and solvent use and storage areas
- Ordnance plants and armories