VA 40 Series Air Conditioners are engineered for severe duty industrial and offshore service. Explosion proof models meet the requirements for use in hazardous locations under the National Electrical Code (NEC) Class I, Groups B, C and D or Class II, Groups E, F, and G in Divisions 1 and 2.
These rugged air conditioners are built for maximum performance, reliability and safety. Cabinets are 14 gague galvaneal steel with 16 ga access panels. A two-part epoxy primer and attractive textured urethane topcoat provide excellent corrosion protection. Drain pans are Heliarc welded stainless steel. All mechanical and electrical components are selected for durability and minimum need for maintenance in demanding industrial environments. Switches and annunciator lights are sealed and industrial grade. Circulating air blowers are belt driven with adjustable speed pulleys. Bearings are permanently lubricated. Severe service motors are totally enclosed (TEFC) with a 1.15 service factor.
When simultaneous building pressurization (NFPA 496) is required, PB 24** Combined Air Conditioning / Pressurization units must be specified. Other options and accessories include explosion proof models, stainless steel cabinets, steam or electric heaters, SaveCoil 101** baked phenoxy coil coatings, and water-cooled condensers.
* = Optional
** Request Product Bulletin
- Engineered for Severe Industrial and Marine Service
- Capacities from 3 to 12.5 tons
- Compact Vertical Design has Minimum Footprint
- Explosion Proof Models for Hazardous Locations *
- Automatic Building Pressurization to Meet NFPA 496 **
- Steam or Electric Heaters *
- Rugged Steel Cabinets are Two-Part Epoxy Protected with Beige or Blue Urethane Topcoat
- Type 316 Stainless Steel Cabinets*
- SaveCoil 101 Baked Protective Coil Coatings*
- Three-Year Limited Warranty on Entire System
- Control Rooms, Motor Control Centers and Analyzer Buildings
- Offshore Oil & Gas Platform Crew Quarters and Control Building
- Computer Rooms
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plants
- Gas Pipeline and Compressor Stations
- Hazardous Material Storage
- Painting and Solvent Use and Storage Areas
- Grain Transfer and Storage Buildings
- Ordnance Plants and Armories