In business since 1965, Scientific Systems LLC manufactures explosion-proof and severe duty air conditioners and refrigeration equipment for customers in a variety of industries. Our SafetyCool Air Conditioners are explosion-proof with capacities of 12,000 BTU to 36,000 BTU window or thru-wall HVAC units designed for hazardous installations.
What Are SafetyCool Air Conditioners?
SafetyCool Air Conditioners are reliable, economical units for window or thru-wall installations. We also offer models with both heating and cooling, with electric heaters providing the total heating capacity. This design assures full heat output even at low outside temperatures and avoids the limitations of modified commercial heat pumps. The electric heaters are rated to NEC Identification No. T2A, i.e. for use in areas where the ignition temperature of the hazardous material is at or above 536° F (280° C).
SafetyCool units offer the user a wide range of models for use in hazardous locations classified Class I, Groups B, C, and D, Division 2. Cooling models are certified by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) to meet both American and Canadian Safety Standards. Our models with both heating and cooling feature full electric heat. This design assures full heat output even at minimum outside temperatures and avoids the limitations of modified commercial heat pumps.
Features of SafetyCool Air Conditioners
SafetyCool Air Conditioners are designed to cool and dehumidify a variety of hazardous locations. Our systems feature front panel controls for temperature and discharge air control. Customers can also request optional features such as remote thermostats and a full corrosion protection package, and our units are also available in 50-hertz models. Additionally, all SafetyCool models are covered by a three-year limited warranty.
Applications of SafetyCool Air Conditioners
As an explosion-proof, economical cooling and dehumidifying system for window or thru-wall installations, SafetyCool is especially useful to customers in applications such as the ones listed below.
If you're interested in adopting Scientific Systems LLC's SafetyCool Air Conditioners in your facility, request more information by contacting us online or calling (225) 926-6950 today.
- For Hazardous Locations Classified per NEC Class I, Groups B, C or D, Division 2
- CSA Certified to U. S. and Canadian standards (COOLING ONLY UNITS)
- Cooling Capacities from 8,200 to 36,000 BTUH Heat / Cool Models with all electric heat from 7,600 to 27,100 BTUH
- Front Panel Controls for Temperature and Discharge Air Control
- Remote Thermostats (optional)
- Full Corrosion Protection Package (optional)
- Also Available in 50 Hertz Models
- Offshore oil and gas production platforms
- Hazardous materials storage
- Industrial control buildings
- Analyzer shelters and control rooms
- Solvent and paint storage buildings
- Research and control laboratories
- Natural gas compressor stations
- Chemical and pharmaceutical processing plants